HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mid seaon transfer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Mid seaon transfer   Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:33 am

hey,

I would like to suggest a mid season transfer a teams are playing each other twice before the final and team consistantly are having trouble getting 5, that there should be a mid seaosn tranfer which allows clan to change their roter with a deadline date to have it done by.

So let us know if you like the idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 am

What do you mean teams are playing each other twice before the final?

I personally think the change should only be allowed to those teams who actually can't get five, not those who want to improve their team as this would be an unfair factor that would affect the results in an unnecessary way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
ve

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:41 am

it means if ure bad then ur cap mite wanna tell u to gtfo and skill up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ve

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 am

time to skill up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:45 am

Yes please BVD probably won't be able to get a consistant 5 without 2-3 player changes... as I posted a week ago but it was deleted...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 am

Can someone delete davids ..................... spam, cus its fuking up my webpage.

Also, i would rather these teams stuggling for players be allowed to change their lineup so that they can get a team when needed. It may be "unfair" etc.
But remember the first "s" stands for social, and it would save everone a lot of time, because we could probably organise games easier with more people availiabe.

I have a change or two i would like to make aswel. But they arent crucial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clandoa.forumn.org
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:25 am

It's cause the coding won't seperate "one word".

I still strongly disagree to all teams being allowed to change rosters just for improvement. I personally would also be able to edit my roster to improve my line up in terms of players as well, but again this is an unnecessary change that is kind of unfair especially to those teams who are not changing rosters.

More importantly, changes that are essential are already allowed with admin approval, so those teams that actually NEED to change their roster because they constantly can't get five, or one member has since stopped playing DotA or lost their password are allowed to change roster.

That is the solution to the problem you stated and therefore an allowed change for improvement halfway through a league really is not appropriate. Yes it is social, but we still follow rules (max 2 guinsoos etc), and because of it being social we allow roster changes where NEEDED.

There's a difference between needs and wants..
Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:41 am

ok then. So who actually decides after all the aggree/disagree? Walkah, vote, you?
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 am

As far as I'm concerned my point is perfectly valid and there shouldn't be anything anyone can argue against this.
I hope you can agree that I've been fair as an admin, re: scoring system after people disagreed with what I was confident in saying. However for this I am certain that there is no reason why this roster change should happen. So far it doesn't look like it's needed, but I have a lot more to say on this so feel free to argue your points..

I really don't think a vote is necessary, I don't see why any clan would be desperate to change roster other then what they NEED to...... Again, any clan which needs to edit a roster because they can't get 5 a lot of the time, or because one member has stopped playing etc can apply for a change to myself or windwalkah and provided we find your reasoning valid a change is more then likely.

Vote > Myself > Wind imo, but keep in mind both myself and windwalkah's final opinions/decisions are hugely based on public opinion/feedback.
Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:34 am

DavidwhY wrote:
As far as I'm concerned my point is perfectly valid and there shouldn't be anything anyone can argue against this.

Lol ego trip more. Opinions are different from fact david.

DavidwhY wrote:
I hope you can agree that I've been fair as an admin, re: scoring system after people disagreed with what I was confident in saying.

Yeah but in the end you didnt end up doing what you were "confident in saying". You did what i suggested. Again that was an opinion and you did a vote on it (and the majority voted against you). Just because you think its right and your pretty sure, that doesnt mean all other people are therefore wrong. Its an opinion. If you want to make a decision as admin, all good. But you cant say its the right one, because you are deciding its right, so its bias. Sorry i just get frustrated by shit like this.

DavidwhY wrote:
Vote > Myself > Wind imo,

So winds opinion matters the least? lol.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:48 am

No that's what I'm saying this is a matter of fact and not opinion.
Why should a semi-competitive competition allow for the teams to change their rosters for no reason other then to put better players on half way through a league?

Again I emphasized I was confident before, this time I am certain, last time was rather an opinion on a matter I didn't care too much about that I only raised in the interest of the league's teams (which as I explained thought was more fair to the teams of the league), whereas this is an actual fact...

I'll give you a very good example. 3 Teams.
Team A: A clan known to be a really bad clan on west, with generally terrible players, with a bad rep of being noob trash talkers.
Team B: Similar to the above, slightly less bad and don't trash talk.
Team C: Average west clan, not too bad or good, still learning etc.

Now let's say B beats A. And say I am team C. If suddenly, the rosters are allowed to be changed for no reason, Team A adds a really good player (say because this good player is a friend of the chief, or is bored etc etc) and beats Team C, I am going to be honest in saying this would be horrible for reputation that I wouldn't want personally. I don't know or care if this sounds really retarded to you/anyone but seriously I am pretty confident a lot of other people in this position would be annoyed if this happened.

There simply should not be a change like this, I dunno why you seem so eager for this change, I'm guessing you have a really good new player or something? Eitherway, again changing halfway through a league is a terrible idea, and the reason you want to change it is more then well covered by my solution; keep teams the same unless the teams actually need a change....
It's so obvious that I can not understand why you (or anyone else) would even question this idea at all.

Halfway through some world dota championship three of myms players leave mym and join sk?? Completely unheard of, roster changes should not ever happen halfway through an event, even if a player has stopped playing dota halfway between an event, but we are allowing this simply because if we don't a lot of matches will result in default results, which is no fun.

For the scoring system I never implied it's the right decision if I were to make it and it wasn't really what you suggested, it was the other obvious option, it was more the alternative solution you supported. I did a poll as it was the fair way to determine that the majority of people thought otherwise. This IS the right decision if/when it is made. It's not a matter of being bias or not.
It wasn't really what you suggested, it was the other obvious option, it was more the alternative solution you supported. It may be a harsh way to put it, but yes, therefore the other people who think that we should allow all teams to change their rosters as they please are wrong.

Obviously I meant vote < myself < wind..

Last edited by DavidwhY on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Shymon lolz   Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:53 am

Imo... Roster changes after round 4... What you guys think?
Its true that clans are finding it hard to get 5.. So I think that
adding in extra players will help clans get their games going

View user profile http://cymiin.bebo.com
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 am

Yes but like I said, only clans that honestly need changes (such as the LaM and Encore player issues) should be allowed. Or clans that have members registered that are never on, or have since stopped playing DotA or gone overseas permanently etc.

What I am saying is strictly do not allow changes where the only motive is replacing noob players with better players.

I personally with my clan can usually find 5 easy, most days/nights. However even my roster has several members that are either almost never on, or could now easily be replaced by suitable replacements (I.E. better players). However this change is unnecessary and unfair so I am not requesting for a roster change even for my clan which would benefit significantly from it.

Whereas FF/Encore have actually needed to change their roster as they can currently only get four, until recently which they have said Paul is on their roster as lemontea_LOL permanently, (as in has left LaM).

To sum up, again, changes where necessary, especially so clans can actually get five easily are fine, however changes to improve player line ups should definitely not be allowed.
Back to top Go down
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Shymon lolz   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:03 am

Yeah only necessary changes to rosters. Each team will need to ask admins either David or Me for roster changes.

DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:11 am

Yup, there you go, it's official.
Only teams which NEED a roster change can apply.

Teams in this situation can apply at ANY TIME (not just after 4th round), but we are going to use this as a guideline to change. I am guessing after the 7th or 8th round, there will be another recommended guideline date to request for changes in a roster.

Again to clear this up, clans NEEDING a change may apply any time to either myself or windwalkah for a roster change:
E.G. FF/Encore and LaM's change after their dispute, or BvD's new-zealand changing to account latvia after forgetting password, or clan ____'s starter member ____ quitting dota.

Clans are NOT allowed to change rosters just to improve their roster's player's skill levels.. On that note ringing (or using players from other clans registered under a different/fake account etc) is NOT allowed, don't do it OR ELSE >:X
Back to top Go down
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Shymon lolz   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:15 am

Kay we've sorted that out, topic closed... Any more enquiries either post them on complaints or contact David or myself =]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid seaon transfer   

Back to top Go down

Mid seaon transfer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Summer Dota League :: General-
Jump to: