Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What should happen to SSDL?
Carry on playing normally
57%
 57% [ 8 ]
The league is goneskee
7%
 7% [ 1 ]
We must get a winner (so top 4 teams play semis)
36%
 36% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Should SSDL carry on?   Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 pm

Well considering the factors that 4 teams have now pulled out, school has started and summer has nearly ended what do you guys reckon about SSDL? Should it carry on or should we end it... Another option is we can calculate top 4 teams who has the most wins and finish the league with semi finals --> finals --> to finalize a winner. Votes up

View user profile http://cymiin.bebo.com
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:27 am

hence the reason i wanted sixteen teams before we started, which would of happened if given more time, hence the reason i wanted it to be a best of one format league,
hence the reason i put forward a proposal for ALL teams to have a mid a season transfer, not just a select few with "valid reasons'
hence the reason i wanted to set up time n date match booking system to avoid clans bickering over opponents being unreasonable with their time requests and availabilitys ect
hence the reason you shouldnt use the policy of first in first served, if your going to only take a limited amount of clans, they should be proven there active, check reffernces to find out if these clans are active how often they play and if they will fit into the league. Instead of gettin scrub clans such as nza to join and wanna ff there matches after 30mins coz there gettin pumped to hard and then pull out of the seaosn midway.

its unrealistic to run a online league for middle/lower class online clans with such a small number of teams and expect the league to run smoothly, from round one theres been nothing but issues with clans having difficulty to be prepared for there bo3 matches e.g using slutz coz they got no 5th, clans pulling out coz they cant keep an active 5, its unrealistic to run a 'Online league" and not allow a mid season transfer for ALL teams and expect that these teams players lifestyles/commitments will not change over such along time especially with no prizes involved.

Hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes, maybe next time and you'll take advice from someone who uses common sense instead of "running the league as you see fit"

i havent seen a online league run smoothly in a very long time and its becaue they simply neglect the needs of online clans. Running league always sounds like a good idea but its VERY time consuming and not near as easy as you think for anyone who's thinking about running one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NZA-Ninjastyles

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:08 am

"hence the reason you shouldn't use the policy of first in first served, if your going to only take a limited amount of clans, they should be proven there active, check references to find out if these clans are active how often they play and if they will fit into the league. Instead of gettin scrub clans such as nza to join and wanna ff there matches after 30mins coz there gettin pumped to hard and then pull out of the seaosn midway"

Why single NZA out?

We wernt the worst clan.

We wern't the only ones FF'ing at 30 mins.

If you did everything you state above, you would only have 2 or 3 clans.

16 teams on West WITHOUT lower class clans, is impossible.

LAM had trouble with finding players to get online. FF withdrew. Both of which are obviously the best clans in the league yet they still fall into your criticism.

"Take advice from someone who can use common sense" LOL. Raise your hand if you have common sense! What makes you any more knowledgeable than anyone else?

Its all good in hindsight to criticize WW's decision, but the reality is (LIKE YOU HAVE STATED) that running a league is hard and its unrealistic to expect that peoples lifestyles won't change. So either way (from your points)it was destined to fail, so why did u try so hard to start it up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:13 am

Dude its US.west do u understand? where are you going to find 16 active teams on US.west man stop typing out essays as well k I dont think anyone reads them

View user profile http://cymiin.bebo.com
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 am

Carrying on is fine imo, because the clans that are fighting for top 4 should get to play the remainder of their games for a fair chance.

Next time this league is run, by no means should only pro teams get to be involved etc, that wasn't the problem. A noob team that plays every single game and FFs when they realize they've lost is imo better than a pro team which can't get 5.

Also this league will more likely have more teams next time since a lot of teams didn't even know about this, for example I only found out about it through my friends in cota who originally asked me to sub for them.
Clans like few melb upc dbv ggt buny ctt ysok ect dth dstj tk emc cq ai I am assuming would be possibly interested in the next one if they knew about it.

-----------

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 am

Carry on, get the teams who haven't played each other to do so in 3-4 weeks and then do a quick finals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ve

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:31 am

ban wernsen, wernsen = bad

Not to be mean or sad or w/e but ppl are slacking off, i know ppl have other comps on n stuff but like half the clans just dont bother, it probly takes an hour or two prior to playing the first game to even start even with the arranged time.
I've had, on several occasions where one captain asks me to ref and i would say "ok are u guys ready?" and i would get a response saying "yes we're here" but wen i arrive to the channel all i see is some snowflakes falling down and 3 or 4 ppl. Thats the problem, no1 gives a negro about it. Clans like NZA/LppT just suddenly decide to pull out because the captains had a fit with another clan or not bother to check with his/her team whether they'll be able to play AFTER the holidays (even during the holidays, hint hint NZA). only clans ive seen near commited are bvd/cota/wdy/doa, having their teams on time and running things smoothly.

Dont actualy ban wernsen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icehsm

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 am

Draw up a bracket bo1, with extreme seeding etc to determine a winner with all remaining teams entered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 pm

easier just released all the remaining rounds at once and say all games played within 4 weeks etc. thats just imo

-----------

Back to top Go down
NZA-Ninjastyles

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Sigh FFS.

I did check with all of them. And some of them said they would be away for maybe a week at different intervals during the holiday. Which should of meant at any time we had 7 players. But the fact is 4 of our players went inactive and never really came back (obviously not a big priority). IF they say they can do it. What else can I do?

Again why single us out when half the teams had pretty much the same problem? I only withdrew out of respect , because I didnt want opposition turning up and me having to say we cnt find a 5th; (WHICH HAS HAPPENED TO MOST OF THE CLANS) and then wasting their time.

Plus the league seemed to have stalled.

If I had said nothing about withdrawing on this forum, you wouldn't even care. lol. the league had already stalled, and it looks like the best 4 teams will be the only ones continuing. Thus, our withdrawal had no impact what so ever, yet your using us as a scapegoat for half the clans.

Of course we could probably continue like some other clans and just grab some sluts to help us out but this was against the rules.

I dont c anyone crying about FF withdrawing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ssiterl

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 pm

its kinder gay to get best4 now
coz we only vsed gud teams (in my opinion) so far and lost ALL games rofl, oh except NZA they ff,
i want some more games even though we hardly have chance to make to Best4

although im not sure how we should deal about teams that have pulled out.
would b hard to calculate points etc
coz if u just make em default win...
its gonna benefit some teams...
gud example is Free win from FF

im not sure if i made myself clear or not
but hope u understand what i mean lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icehsm

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:59 pm

icehsm wrote:
Draw up a bracket bo1, with extreme seeding etc to determine a winner with all remaining teams entered.
+1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:59 am

Well yes teams who haven't play ff getting a free win is somewhat a unfair advantage imo, however according to stankeys and others previous logic regarding tie breakers for default wins, if we didnt give the free win it would be punishing the teams who havent played.

E.g. team xyz < ff.
but since ff dropped out, xyz gets a free win, this is unfair cause doa gets 0-2 whilst xyz gets 2-0.

but dropping out of league should be the equivelant of defaulting all remaining rounds, not removal from system or its even more unfair to those who have played their games and won

-----------

Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:27 am

Get a clue you douchebag, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with my logic on the SCORE of a defaulted game. Notice the SCORE, not the RESULT.

This is to do with what should happen, not when a team defaults, but when a team actually withdraws completely from the competition. This has no relevance whatsoever to the "so called tie-breaker score" in a standard defolted game.

Holy shit its like explaining something to a brick wall that can write essays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clandoa.forumn.org
IceDagger

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:18 am

Stankey ftw, I once said talking to him was like teaching maths to a brick. Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that he's about the equivalent of something bricky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:29 pm

rofl gj icedagger holding grudges really mature buddy, no need to reply to you

anyway, so you're saying team a and b both friends and play.. near the end b realizes they cant make top 4 so they withdraw to help a since they have beaten them. then ok how would you feel vf if i withdrew since i cant make it, thereby reducing your chances (im not going to) but seriously wtf thats retarded and you would be saying it too if i withdrew, for any reason, at the same time reducing your chances

and yes it does have something to do with a score, now you are saying make past results void, thats even worse?? ok so team noob fluked a win against ff making their chances higher, now you make it void, wow so fair, editting past results.

lmao you were using competitive volleyball as an example, so you think if a team completely withdraws from *(volleyball tournament)*then simply all their past games suddenly become void, as if they never existed before??

seriously my team has played ff and lost 0-2, and im still saying you shouldnt just make all past results void. to be fair icedagger said this not stankey altho ssitterl suggested something similar "dont give free wins cause it gives advantages to some teams" and stankey doesnt seem to be disagreeing with either.

-----------

Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm

IceDagger wrote:
Stankey ftw, I once said talking to him was like teaching maths to a brick. Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks that he's about the equivalent of something bricky.

lol obviously "Stankey" here could be replaced by *person disagreeing with davidy* cause i hate davidy cause im the man and cant forget the past

-----------

Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:40 am

No its just that you seem to have these wacked out ideas about everything, and i like doing things the write way. Yes if a volleyball team withdraws from a tournament, you just pretend that no one every played that team, this is the only fair way to do it. Rather then have the teams having a result and half the teams having a free win. This HAS happened to me before in volleyball tournaments, and that is how it was dealt with by people who run tournaments for a LIVING.

Your seem to like things explained by examples. So you have 5 teams, youve played 2 rounds of games, one team withdraws. Do you give the two teams that havent played the withdrawed team free wins giving them an unfair advantage over the two teams that played the withdrawed team? Or do you employ common sense and you just take the results of the 4 teams playing the same 4 teams, to see which is the best out of those FOUR TEAMS.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:22 am

Stankey wrote:
No its just that you seem to have these wacked out ideas about everything, and i like doing things the write way. Yes if a volleyball team withdraws from a tournament, you just pretend that no one every played that team, this is the only fair way to do it. Rather then have the teams having a result and half the teams having a free win. This HAS happened to me before in volleyball tournaments, and that is how it was dealt with by people who run tournaments for a LIVING.

Your seem to like things explained by examples. So you have 5 teams, youve played 2 rounds of games, one team withdraws. Do you give the two teams that havent played the withdrawed team free wins giving them an unfair advantage over the two teams that played the withdrawed team? Or do you employ common sense and you just take the results of the 4 teams playing the same 4 teams, to see which is the best out of those FOUR TEAMS.

yes you're write lets do it the write way, the stankey way
its more unfair that teams who have already won games suddenly lose those wins, it doesnt matter to me what happens, its more fair that the teams fighting for top four positions decide what happens but i dont see why teams losing their played and fought for wins is more fair then teams getting free wins cause of ppl dropping out of the league. you say its unfair for teams that others get free wins, but its imo more unfair if teams lose wins =s

again it doesnt matter to me what happens, so im just saying what makes sense rather then my opinion as an admin or you'll cry about me abusing me powers, damn admin abusing powers, not write at all.

-----------

Back to top Go down
IceDagger

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 am

I really don't care, go ahead, withdraw. Also, nice work not replying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 am

wow that made no sense rephrase.

Quote :
i dont see why teams losing their played and fought for wins is more fair then teams getting free wins cause of ppl dropping out of the league

Because they are not loosing just wins, they mite also be loosing losses. Its also more fair, because if they have a "hard earned win" against some team IT DOESNT MATTER because EVERY OTHER TEAM that hasent played the pulled out team is also going to get a NON hard earned win. So ur example "noob clan" manages to beat ff, but u know what? after ff pulls out, every other noob clan yet to play them is going to get a win as wel. It IS undeniably fairer to make all games vs those teams null and void. This is how it has always been done, and always will be yet somehow you have managed to miss this.

Way to much fucking talking for such a simple thing.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:15 am

well if thats what everyone wants then sure, like i said i dont care i said from start that i knew my clan wouldnt make it, even with ff dropping out, so those teams who are actually gonna be affected can decide. if you wanna void all results go for it, altho i stick with my opinion, feel free to disagree; you still get what you want Wink

-----------

Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:21 am

omg its not what i want, its just how its done. Its just me explaining to you why your way is stupid and doesnt work/unfair etc. Its not like it actually effects me or our team, same as yours.

Every time you loose an argument do you just say i dont care? Is that like your thing? just seeing a bit of a trend here. If you dont care so much why do you go on for pages?
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:36 am

LOL? losing an arguement? its just too obvious that im not gonna agree with you and you're not agreeing with me so its a waste of time, ive already said my points which imo show why you're wrong, and youve said your points which iyo show why i'm wrong.

if you wanna be hating on me and thinking i lose arguements and it makes u feel better, then good for you.

my points havent changed cause what i said from the start is (imo) still right, you havent changed what youve said cause your points (iyo) are still right

if you dont get that then oh well

if nza and ff both drop out then yes it shouldnt make a difference to you, but ssiterl should point out all cases rather then just ff (who is a top team) because when these rules are made they dont just account for when a top team drops out, free wins against pros or lesser skilled teams are, when considering the rules, supposed to be considered the same.

im just waiting for simon to confirm that all dropped out teams are now void in the reulsts table.

-----------

Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:17 am

why arent you waiting for him to say that every1 who hasnt played them gets a free default win?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should SSDL carry on?   

Back to top Go down

Should SSDL carry on?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Summer Dota League :: General-
Jump to: