Social Summer Dota League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social Summer Dota League

Defense of the Ancients (DotA)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules Question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Stankey

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:30 am

Just quick question about discon. The rules have been edited as i can see and it now says if "a" player rather then "the same" player discons from the same team (that previously had a discon and -reload) then the game must continue. Just checking that this means anyone from the team? I guess that wud b good, othewise you could have 5 discon and remakes.... yawn.

Other thing is, after the 15 min mark there will only be a reload if both teams agree? It seems to me it would be advantageous for the non discon team to carry on, with someone from the other team having to micro a 2nd hero which can no longer buy better items. Will this lead to no remakes after the 15 min mark (unless non-discon team had died alot since last save or something) or is it kind of "good sportsmanship" to reload the game, and frowned upon to refuse it. Being in the spirit of this being a fun "social" league and all. I think this league should be to build relationships between clans to allow for future scrim practice and wars, rather then going for the win at all costs.

EDITED SIMPLER VERSION OF 2ND PART FOR MILKMAN

Other thing is, after the 15 min mark there will only be a reload if both teams agree? It seems to me it would be advantageous for the team without the discon player to carry on. Will this lead to no remakes after the 15 min mark or is it kind of "good sportsmanship" to reload the game, and frowned upon to refuse it. Being in the spirit of this being a fun "social" league and all. I think this league should be to build relationships between clans to allow for future scrim practice and wars, rather then going for the win at all costs.

Last edited by Stankey on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://clandoa.forumn.org
BV-m1LkmaN

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:00 pm

Quote :
Just quick question about discon. The rules have been edited as i can see and it now says if "a" player rather then "the same" player discons from the same team (that previously had a discon and -reload) then the game must continue. Just checking that this means anyone from the team? I guess that wud b good, othewise you could have 5 discon and remakes.... yawn.
Yes

The other part should be revised.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

DavidwhY

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:16 am

Different people/clans will obviously treat time differently as in some people will not have as much time on their hands and therefore prefer to finish faster, personally my team will reload as many times as necessary, I guess within reason...
Back to top Go down
http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
BV-m1LkmaN

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 6:09 am

I was stating the current rules should be revised - you can just copy paste from any other tournament, I already linked MYM PDL1, BA7 and ODL3 rules for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

DavidwhY

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 8:43 am

Stankey wrote:

EDITED SIMPLER VERSION OF 2ND PART FOR MILKMAN

=.=
Back to top Go down
http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
Stankey

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 2:25 pm

yeh i misunderstood wat he meant, thought he meant revised on my part (wording) not on thier part (rules).
Back to top Go down
http://clandoa.forumn.org
S-Dawg

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:49 pm

if you actually read my bo3 post properly at the end it does mention to windwalkah I will have the disconnection rules fix up by xmas and yes we're aware it needs changes on d/c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rules Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rules Question   Rules Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rules Question
Page 1 of 1