Defense of the Ancients (DotA)

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

best of three (bo3)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
S-Dawg

PostSubject: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:50 am

Unfortunately ive decided I wont be continuing as an admin, due to the fact I dont feel that ill be able to put in the time to help run b03 ssdl season with 16 teams over such a long period of time. Theres simply just to many outside distractions with life we're 1 day you'll be free all day and the next will be a hectic day, if the league was a bo1 season with bo3 finals id be more then happy to help out, but i feel that if i was to help to run a b03 season there would be alot of drama's and overload of complaints to clans saying this team didnt show up for their 2nd match or we couldnt agree to a mutual time in the 3days which will just leave me with no time to do my own thing in my spare time. So i feel if im going to be an admin I need to be 100% committed if your going to make it work and i dont think with the amount of dota i like to play and other commitments id be suitied to running a b03 season looking at it now.

I realise the point of view for bo3 is to get the west league active and to make it more fun/fair for clans to b03 so they can have the chance to recover from a bad game and to get more clans/players inhousing and warring after ssdl ends. But you have to recognize west(battle.net) is dead compared to bored aussies and other servers. I think we'd be asking to much of clans to play a b03 30 game season. even if you do have 3days to play it out. I think alot of clans just sign up thinking it will be a great idea for their and just hope they'll be able to find time for all of these games we're realistically a bo1 would put alot less stress on captains.

You have to remember this is not a pro league and alot of these players just play 4 fun, so i find it hard to believe they'll be so committed to a b03 season with the amount of time it takes out of their personal life when your only playing for fun the bo3 will become more time draining as much as we all love to play dota i seriously doubt we live 4 dota and to me bo3 is for the the more hardcore clans who live 4 dota. Also you have to consider by running a bo3 seaons you taking time out of clans commitments to playing in other leagues, practice scrims and inhouse friendlys with clan members only. I dont see clans having the time to do all of the above and run their own outside lives with this level of commitment when there is no prizes/money involved.

Also I beleive by running a bo3 season its going to take a negative effect on clans/players who dont have an active enough clan to partipate in the b03 which will leave them with not many inhouses/cw's due to all these clans being so commited to putting their time into 1 league that they've used up all there dota time on ssdl. Which could possibly lead to a small group of clans left on battlenet. If they decide to find a more active server e.g bored aussies garena

Anyways I hope im wrong about the b03 season and I hope you can all prove me wrong and get behind the league by keeping your clans active and dedicated so we dont see forfiets during the season. Sorry wind but i just cant back you behind a bo3 season considering its been so long since the west aus/nz clans have had a league of there own, and been a active community, i really do hope you re-consider the bo1 season it would be a safer option which would lead to a b03 2nd season if the 1st season proved successful and worth the time.

Goodluck to everyone running the league Smile

P.S windwalkah you can remove my clan from the list but if you make it a bo1 season count VO in Smile I'll have the disconnection rules fixed up by xmas that will be the end for me Sad

Cyaz

( if i can get 2 more players into my line up who are active then i should be ok for b03 but we'll see what happens )

Last edited by S-Dawg on Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tangerine

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:32 am

Lame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:07 am

I would say, regardless of other people's opinions and so forth that such a long league should really be BO1 for the most part until the finals. Teams will get bored and it will take too long with each team playing 30-45 games before finals.

If it's BO3 it'll be much harder to run and organise, which generally leads to it becoming a worse tournament, especially if S-Dawg leaves the admin team because of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuG.Fr0z3n

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:14 am

agreed wtf are u doing simon its just ssdl man
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bebo.com/bairenkanbudong
DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:41 am

bo1 is really iffy, and bo3 is simply more fair imo
i think if both teams agree to do bo1 prehand it should be allowed otherwise if one team (or both) want bo3, then it should remain bo3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:06 am

other way around, remember BO3 if often 4 hours or more including hosting, waiting and drafting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Bo3 SSDL   Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:23 am

dude... the pt of SSDL and b03 is for US west clans to play more together...
For all u competitive clans BVD and S-dawg and clans that disagree with Bo3
JUST because all the other clans are Bo1 then dont join our league...
CLEARLY it says "SOCIAL" Summer Dota League so our leagues decided its going
to be Bo3.. If u dont like it dont join simple as that.

View user profile http://cymiin.bebo.com
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:32 am

I think that's fair enough, if you are willing to put in enough effort to make it run fine I'm happy ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:57 am

im pretty sure if we ran a poll for bo3 or bo1, there would be a massive vote count for bo1, ive spoken to alot of the clan leaders on west and I get the impression that bo1 would suit there clan alot better which leads me to beleive theres going to be alot of issuses running bo3. Remember Simon this is your 1st time running a league yes ? its alot easier to run a bo1 league then it is to run a bo3 league why dont you just run the bo1 league to encourage more clans on west to get off there ass and wanna enter next seaosn, alot of big clans which are online alot who are probably the better of the clans left on west havent entered and maybe if they hear good feedback from the community it will get them more active again, these clans im talking abuot are such clans as h2k, 2yz, skr bidh 13oa real, ai melb ysok.

You should really be aiming at gettin these type of semi-active clans/players to wanna get excited abuot dota again and hearing dota is fun to play on west again. Because atm it can be hard at times to find inhouses/cw's on west compared to other servers which is the core reason to why west is dead. If some of these clans could get back into dots west would be active again with higher standard inhouses/cw's which would gradually improve the standard on west which imo is sliding down hill.

I would rather see the league run smoothly then have the league struggle to complete matches on a weekly basis. Lets be honest you've already said you want west clans to play more togethor, why ? because theres not enough active clans and alot of players have grown up and work full time now so they only have time to play part-time so I highly doubt making it bo3 is going to make them anymore active then bo1 would.

I beleive bo1 would have a more posative impact with better feedback then a bo3, I strongly suggest you do a poll on bo3 if your going to be so stubborn on this after all its about what the community wants right ? thats why we had the polls on the bans right ? because we decided its not about what we want its what the players want. So lets do a poll on bo3 yes/no and you can even nonimate the minimum amount of votes to have the poll be legit. We could have the poll close on January 2nd ? which gives 1week for the public to vote
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuG.Fr0z3n

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:44 pm

I'm going to pull out aug then
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://bebo.com/bairenkanbudong
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:08 pm

If windwalkah is commited to doing a shit load of work, which he said he is, then the only real problem i see is each chief trying to organise like 75 dota games with prefreably your top team there. I mean, dont get me wrong i would probably play more dota games then that anyway in the time this league is gna take. But all the pissing around getting the games started and getting every1 there is the part that could get annoying. However i do think i would enjoy playing tougher games, where people wont rage quit, and getting practice at making lineups in -cm and responding to the oppositions picks. Not to mention the best part of getting to know the other clans Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://clandoa.forumn.org
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:16 am

even with windwalkah being commited to doing a shit load of work I still dont think hez realises how how many cons come with a bo3 season for admin staff regardless of the amount of teams it causes headaches for everyone yes i agree the IDEA of bo3 is good the IDEA of bo3 sounds better then bo1 but in reality it should be about running a smooth tournament we're the teams dont get bored of it and keeps clans active without being to time consuming.

I feel that bo1 will get clans alot more active then they already are right now we're bo3 is going to become added stress.

So Simon how about we do a b03 or bo1 poll, we've taken that approach with the bans which seemed a lil pointless with such heros as invoker/clock so why not do a poll on this if your so confident that all the teams signed up here want a bo3 season then there will be no reason 4 you to worry about the poll and you'll get what you want if not then you realise you were wrong and the community stays happy instead of having split opinions over the topic

Either outcome of a poll is still gonna be better off then split opinions through forums true ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:11 am

Maybe just captains have a vote through pm or something, rather then any1 voting. Else one whole team could spam 10 votes and another clan mite not vote. Tbh i dont think id "get bored" i mean its dota man, wen do u get bored of dota lol. I wouldnt be like oh *sigh* i have 2 play another game lol. We play every day basically anyway. It would be like a small chunk of my day, even thought im getting a job in Jan. But still got all nite.
Back to top Go down
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:29 am

id be happy for captains to vote on it only because they would be speaking on behalf of their team anyways so yeah that would make the poll fair
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:40 am

Well I personally would prefer BO3 but I'm not fussed at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:11 am

Its a discussion not an argument... BO1 or BO3 isn't a life or death situation ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:52 am

so i guess you'll just avoid answering why you wont do the poll then ay simon ?

might as well ditch the polls on bans to if this is gonna be your approach the approach 4 bans on polls is coz you were doing it for what the clans want so why should this be any different pult a poll up on bo3 captains vote on behalf of their team. GO GO GO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:00 am

Dude... Im the admin and organizer of the whole league here okay dude
Just because all the other leagues have it Bo1 does not mean that our
league is going to be bo1 JUST like them. If u want it Bo1 then join another
league there needs to be NO POLL because the rules have already been
decided by me. If u dont like it dont play in it simple David.

View user profile http://cymiin.bebo.com
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:20 am

Well i guess this subject is closed, lock thread?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best of three (bo3)   

Back to top Go down

best of three (bo3)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Social Summer Dota League :: General-
Jump to: