Social Summer Dota League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Social Summer Dota League

Defense of the Ancients (DotA)

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about drafting etc

Go down 
+2
WiNdWaLkAh
Stankey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stankey

Question about drafting etc Empty
PostSubject: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:22 am

So i take it that its been changed to -cm now? My question is could we like, draft the heroes in the chat channel or something? So that after you have your and their final lineup, you can choose which of you players you want to use the heroes you have ended up with? Its no biggie if we cant, was just wondering if anyone else thought this could be helpful. Because we all know our players have certain strengths, and if i ended up with 2 carry heroes i might want to take a different set of players to if i have a team of gankers. The only problem i can see is that you wouldnt have the countdown timer for choosing heroes. Unless you guys end up with these "referees" and then they could just use a watch, and give warnings on time.
Back to top Go down
http://clandoa.forumn.org
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin
WiNdWaLkAh

PostSubject: RE Drafting in channel etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 2:08 am

tbh.. its not really a good idea because considering

some clans arent as good as others in the league

and they will need to aactually look at the heroes

they are banning and choosing instead of just thinking

what heroes they wana ban/choose off the top of their

head. Sorry man, good question Razz
Back to top Go down
http://cymiin.bebo.com
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:14 am

ok fair enough, kinda bad if they dont know dotas heroes though lolz. Just thought id throw it out there. Cause i want to include my subs when i can, so thought that might b a good way.
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 3:34 am

I guess I see the point. I think it would be fair to say that if both clans mutually agree on this for a round, they can pre ban/pick. I'd say each ROUND (i.e. best of three = three rounds), should be seperate, so two clans can pre draft one game, then not pre draft the next in the Bo3.
I agree that some clans will literally need to see heroes (not necessarily cause they don't know the heroes, but even because it helps them think of ideas or whatever), but I think when you allow up to 5 subs, it should be at least an option for both clans to agree to this.

An example of why stanky is correct is I may have a sub player that can ONLY play a really good templar assasin (random exmaple), but no virtually other heroes, whereas all my other team members can't play TA. This essentially means I will never get to use this imba TA player. (Obviously think of the scenario with a more commonly banned hero such as Chen), I can't risk using a Chen-only player being part of -cm as if Chen is banned then GG.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 6:25 am

Just do -cm, you can choose who plays who and there is a timer...
Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 7:47 am

you epic fail at reading my post milkman.
Back to top Go down
D_R

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 am

OMG, if i play lttp, I have to ban chen and TA now :O
Back to top Go down
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:09 am

Sorry, but that reasoning is far too retarded to give up the timer for. If you have someone who can only play TA then he might be better off in pubs.
Back to top Go down
Stankey

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:21 am

milkman, again read the posts plz. davidwhy is not from my clan, he was just voicing his opinion.

Fine ill just spell it out for you, since you cant figure it out. yes -cm has a timer and you can choose who to play, but you can only choose from the 5 that joined the game, i have 5 other subs who i cant choose from once the heroes are picked/game-started
Back to top Go down
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 12:34 pm

the 5 players that start the game are the 5 players that play, whats the problem? you cant have 10 ppl drafting for one team since its a 5v5 game. drafting is part of the game not a quick 1v1 minigame beforehand
Back to top Go down
DavidwhY

DavidwhY

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 2:31 pm

With all due respect milkman I think you fail to realize that this is for the most part a fun league (obviously with a competitive ingredient to it), that being said not all clans are as experienced as yours may be, and more importantly, if you have to choose five players before drafting heroes then some subs will never be used. I think it is more then fair and reasonable to suggest what I said earlier, if both clans agree to predraft, then it may be done.

I guess it would be -cm anyway for replay purposes (this isn't too important). The idea is the less experienced clans, albeit I admit including mine, will be unnecessarily disadvanted if they have to -cm. I personally am ok with having to not pre draft but again strongly agree that the option should be there. It's not just about beind noob friendly, lol.

I think that if one clan out or the two wants to they should be allowed to, but I'm saying at the very LEAST offer it upon mutual agreement. Also I don't think the absense of a timer is a big deal, having said that you can opt to make the obvious statement of draft within a reasonable amount of time, umm this usually shouldn't be longer then the max -cm can take, but really shouldn't be a problem.

Basically the point is imo it's fair that some subs are only "subs" because they play a certain role, perhaps a rarer one etc. If you have to use it against me, I will reword my example. Say my player is the best TA player in my clan by far, and can play most other standard heroes. I still would put other starters over him on almost any other hero, for example if TA isn't picked and instead Zeus is, my other player/s are far better Zeus players etc.

Again it doesn't matter THAT much to me because I don't really have any players like I described (I'm just tricking please don't ban TA against lppt Crying or Very sad ...) but I really think clans which have situations as described shouldn't be forced to not use such players. This is not the only reason as I have explained.

And yes, I've never heard of stankey before, we aren't clanmates or anything, this is just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.anonxerenrichment.blogspot.com
BV-m1LkmaN

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:41 pm

if both teams mutually agree do play the game somewhat differently a default win or rematch will barely ever be given, as would warns/bans. just do it and stop asking to compromise the game from a 5v5 competition to a 10v10 game with subs.
Back to top Go down
WiNdWaLkAh
Admin
WiNdWaLkAh

PostSubject: M1lkman   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:42 pm

/Agree
Back to top Go down
http://cymiin.bebo.com
S-Dawg

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:04 am

The purpose of captains mode is there is a timer which gives each team a fair draft, we're in the past before -cm was introduced alot of clans would take an advantage of the old ap draft and buy extra time with their picks. Captains mode allows both teams the chance to be tacitical but requring the skill to be a quick thinker. If clans havent been practing ih/scrims with -cm mode then i strongly suggest they start doing it unless they wanna end up randoming their heros LOL. No clans are to be pre-drafting their matches even if u do have a friend with a timer if they run out of time time to pick then they cant be penalized with a random hero so its pointless and then your forced for them to wait to pick a hero so thats like throwing the timer out timer out the window since you cant just be like...well fine pick your hero or option B sit n wait 4 them to think of a hero which is basically ap draft... so yeah no point.

* With 30 rounds to play im sure your team will have every chance to particpate in the league.

* The mode is captains mode and the decision is final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about drafting etc   Question about drafting etc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about drafting etc
Page 1 of 1